(part-time, 3 days/week)
We have a fun and rewarding opportunity for that special individual who loves Pictou County as much as we do!
As the Administrative Coordinator, here are the two most important things you will be doing:
1. BOOKKEEPING, Bookkeeping, bookkeeping: accounts receivable and payable, bank recs, prepping financial statement, and payroll. If you love numbers, this job is for you!
2. Providing admin support to the Executive Director and volunteers: strong organizational and communication skills are super important here!
Here’s what we’re looking for in our perfect match:
- Big heart and compassionate
- Open-minded and Non-judgmental
- Happy, positive, and energetic
- Understanding of the United Way and what we are trying to do in our community
Now for the technical must-haves:
- be customer service oriented, professional, and discrete at all times
- have a high attention to detail, and strong organizational and communication skills
- be able to work independently and as part of a team, and adaptable to change
- be computer literate, particularly in Simply Accounting and MS Office
- must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to an insured vehicle
Here’s what we can offer you:
- warm-fuzzy feelings of knowing you are helping our community
- fast-pace and fun working environment – we put on awesome events!
- fabulous co-workers :o)
- work experience
Deadline for applications is Friday, February 13, 2015. No telephone calls please – although we’d love to talk to you, obviously we’re under-staffed so we just don’t have that luxury.
If this sounds like a place you’d like to work, email a cover letter, detailed resume, and salary expectations (warning: we are a non-profit, so you might want to lower any expectations – sorry!) to:
We thank everyone for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.